The Coloud KNOCK is an on-ear type headphone that features an integrated microphone and control key, to make answering or making calls easy, and Coloud’s patent-pending ‘Zound Lasso’ which is a clever way to keep the cables tangle-free.
Speaking of which, just like the other Coloud headphones, the cables themselves are flat, tangle-free type but the Zound Lasso definitely comes in useful when you’re storing the Coloud Knock in your backpack. It seems a bit plasticy but durable enough to survive being dumped into a backpack or large purse, though they’re definitely not small enough to fit inside a pocket. Or you could just wear them around your neck, seeing as how these are available in some really fun, Lumia-matching colors (which include cyan blue, bright red, or yellow).
The retail packaging is nice and well, and pretty easy to spot in a store, thanks to the aforementioned bright colors and the triangle shape, heh. And as many manufacturer will tell you, some consumers make their decision in stores, just based on what the boxes look like.
Considering these headphones are just 22 Euros (which is about INR 1800 at the time of this post), they sound pretty okay for the price. I’m going to have to give them a bit more time before I can pass a verdict, but they sound pretty much like you’d expect them to sound at that price point. And as Nokia says, they will work with all Nokia Lumia smartphones, selected Nokia Asha devices, and any device with a 3.5mm AHJ audio plug.
- Audio features: Stereo
- Frequency response: 20 - 20 000 Hz
- Speaker drivers: 40 mm high performance
- Speaker impedance: 32 ohm
- Directional microphone: Yes
- AV connectors: 3.5 mm stereo headphone connector
- Earpiece type: On-ear
- Operating temperature: -5 - +40 C
- Operating keys: Multifunction key
- Width: 140 mm
- Height: 160 mm
- Weight: 78 g
- Cable length: 120 mm
- Materials: Free of PVC, Free of BFR, rFR as in Nokia Substance List
- Recycling: 100% recoverable as materials and energy
- Packaging: Packaging is 100 % recyclable
- User guide: Small printed guide, full on nokia.com, One colour printing